As a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) in good standing, I believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing remodeling services to the aging-in-place population. Basic to these ethical beliefs, I agree to abide by and support the following objectives:
I Pledge to,
- TO CONDUCT my business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- TO PROVIDE the best remodeling value possible.
- TO DEMONSTRATE patience, trust and respect in communicating with my client.
- TO RESPECT the opinions and concerns of clients without bias, ageism or stereotyping.
- TO PROTECT the customer through the use of high quality materials and remodeling practices backed by integrity and service.
- TO MEET all of my financial obligations in a responsible manner.
- TO COMPLY with the spirit and letter of my business contracts, and manage all my employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- TO KEEP informed regarding public policies and other essential information, which affect my business interests and those of the building industry as a whole.
- TO COMPLY with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and welfare of the aging-in-place community.
- TO PROVIDE timely response to items covered under warranty.
- TO SEEK to resolve any controversy which I may become involved in through non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- TO NOT ATTEMPT to injure with malicious intent either directly or indirectly, the professional reputation, prospects, practice, or employment of another remodeler.
- TO SUPPORT and abide by the decisions of the Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist Board of Governors in promoting and enforcing the CAPS designation program.
As a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, I assume the full responsibilities of this Code of Ethics freely, and am solemnly mindful that these responsibilities are a part of my obligation as a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist.